the tentmaker

daily thoughts on the common lectionary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sharpsburg, Georgia, United States

"...because he was of the same trade, he stayed with them, and they worked together — by trade they were tentmakers." Acts 18:3. Tentmaker is a title taken by bi-vocational pastors. As such, I am both a pastor and a project manager. I am a pastor of a local congregation of moderate, accepting and affirming people who worship in the Baptist tradition. We call our church "Hope Memorial Baptist" and we are about 40 in number. I am also a project manager of major construction projects for the State of Georgia. My home and church is in rural Coweta County, between Peachtree City and Newnan, with a mailing address of Sharpsburg, Georgia.

Monday, March 13, 2006

A Message from the Valley

I am sorry that I have not been here for some time. I have thought of you all and remembered you all in my prayers.

On Saturday morning Sandra's mother died. She was 81 and had been sick for two years. She was in the hospital this time for three weeks. She told us a few days before she went that she was ready to go.

Please remember Sandra and her family in your prayers.

I have been married to Sandra for 38 years and have known her mother for 40 years. I loved that woman. She asked me several months ago if I would preach her funeral. I promised her that I would, and I am. But it's going to be the hardest funeral I have had to do. Please pray for me and the rest of the family.

The funeral is Tuesday (tomorrow) at 2:00 PM, EST.

God's blessing be with you all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Praying for you...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Gayla, over at Journey of the Heart will lose her mother today.

"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints" (Psalm 116:15).

3/13/2006 1:22 PM  
Blogger HeyJules said...

Joel, just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please pass along to your wife that we're all out here praying for you and her family.

3/13/2006 3:24 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

I will do it....Romans 8:26 prayers for all of you...

3/13/2006 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home