the tentmaker

daily thoughts on the common lectionary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sharpsburg, Georgia, United States

"...because he was of the same trade, he stayed with them, and they worked together — by trade they were tentmakers." Acts 18:3. Tentmaker is a title taken by bi-vocational pastors. As such, I am both a pastor and a project manager. I am a pastor of a local congregation of moderate, accepting and affirming people who worship in the Baptist tradition. We call our church "Hope Memorial Baptist" and we are about 40 in number. I am also a project manager of major construction projects for the State of Georgia. My home and church is in rural Coweta County, between Peachtree City and Newnan, with a mailing address of Sharpsburg, Georgia.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ash Wednesday

Father, there is so much about your love, your acceptance, your grace, that I don't understand. During Lent's forty days let me meditate on your love, your acceptance and your grace. Let me learn your love by loving the unlovable. Let me learn your acceptance by accepting the unacceptable. Let me learn your grace by realizing that I am not worthy to receive it, yet you have given it, even to me. Help me to understand that without your love I am unlovable. Without your acceptance I am unacceptable. Without your grace, I would be separated from you forever, oh perish the thought. Forgive me when I fail to show your love. Forgive me when I fail to show your acceptance. Forgive me when I fail to let your light of grace shine through me. In your name. Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa Coleman said...

Beautiful Joel. Beautiful.

3/02/2006 6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home