the tentmaker

daily thoughts on the common lectionary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sharpsburg, Georgia, United States

"...because he was of the same trade, he stayed with them, and they worked together — by trade they were tentmakers." Acts 18:3. Tentmaker is a title taken by bi-vocational pastors. As such, I am both a pastor and a project manager. I am a pastor of a local congregation of moderate, accepting and affirming people who worship in the Baptist tradition. We call our church "Hope Memorial Baptist" and we are about 40 in number. I am also a project manager of major construction projects for the State of Georgia. My home and church is in rural Coweta County, between Peachtree City and Newnan, with a mailing address of Sharpsburg, Georgia.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

In Lenten Lands


Here the whole world
(stars, water, air,
And field, and forest, as they were
Reflected in a single mind)
Like cast off clothes was left behind
In ashes, yet with hopes that she,
Re-born from holy poverty,
In lenten lands, hereafter may
Resume them on her Easter Day.
The Epitaph on the marker at the grave of Joy Davidman Lewis.

1 Comments:

Blogger HeyJules said...

I keep saying I'm going to write something totally cool for my epitaph but then I remember I plan to be cremated and ashes thrown - you know - wherever...so guess I won't be needing one.

THIS ONE...totally cool!

2/22/2006 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home