the tentmaker

daily thoughts on the common lectionary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sharpsburg, Georgia, United States

"...because he was of the same trade, he stayed with them, and they worked together — by trade they were tentmakers." Acts 18:3. Tentmaker is a title taken by bi-vocational pastors. As such, I am both a pastor and a project manager. I am a pastor of a local congregation of moderate, accepting and affirming people who worship in the Baptist tradition. We call our church "Hope Memorial Baptist" and we are about 40 in number. I am also a project manager of major construction projects for the State of Georgia. My home and church is in rural Coweta County, between Peachtree City and Newnan, with a mailing address of Sharpsburg, Georgia.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Year B - Ordinary 15

Amos 7:12-15
Psalm 85:9-14
Ephesians 1:3-14
Mark 6:14-29

Tomorrow is my eighth anniversary as pastor of Hope Memorial Baptist Church in Sharpsburg, Georgia. We will have a covered dish dinner following our worship service. My sermon tomorrow will be a sermon in song with my trusty guitar. Pray for us as we pray for all of you.

3 Comments:

Blogger dwg said...

congrats. 8 yrs, wow.

7/15/2006 8:12 PM  
Blogger HeyJules said...

Oh how I wish I could be there! I bet Jesus will be on fire hearing you up there doing your thing!

Congratulations, Tentman. Enjoy the milestone and the casseroles!

Love ya,
J.

7/15/2006 9:39 PM  
Blogger the tentmaker said...

Thank you for your kind words. And thank you for your loyal visits to this blog. Over the past several weeks, my entries have been relatively un-inspired. My readership has diminised and according to my site meter, I thought I was the only one visiting the site. It's good to know that even in times of doubt and despair, God sends good friends to keep you warm.

God bless you both.

7/16/2006 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home