the tentmaker

daily thoughts on the common lectionary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sharpsburg, Georgia, United States

"...because he was of the same trade, he stayed with them, and they worked together — by trade they were tentmakers." Acts 18:3. Tentmaker is a title taken by bi-vocational pastors. As such, I am both a pastor and a project manager. I am a pastor of a local congregation of moderate, accepting and affirming people who worship in the Baptist tradition. We call our church "Hope Memorial Baptist" and we are about 40 in number. I am also a project manager of major construction projects for the State of Georgia. My home and church is in rural Coweta County, between Peachtree City and Newnan, with a mailing address of Sharpsburg, Georgia.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Can you help Niki?

This is an appeal to those of you out there in the Greater Atlanta Metropolitan Area. Niki is a young woman that I have known since she was fifteen. I first met her when I was asked to bury her sill-born child. Since then, Niki married her boyfriend and now has a beautiful little girl, 4 years old. Now, Niki is pregnant again. Her husband who had joined the Navy has been convicted of statutory rape of a thirteen year old and is serving time in prision. Niki is a recovering meth addict. She and I are looking for a group home or half-way house for young adult, single mothers, so she can have a place to live, day care for her daughter and health care for her and her unborn child. If you know of any resources that could offer help please contact me here or by email.

1 Comments:

Blogger the tentmaker said...

Thank you, Berrymom2005. I'll check it out.

6/13/2006 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home