the tentmaker

daily thoughts on the common lectionary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sharpsburg, Georgia, United States

"...because he was of the same trade, he stayed with them, and they worked together — by trade they were tentmakers." Acts 18:3. Tentmaker is a title taken by bi-vocational pastors. As such, I am both a pastor and a project manager. I am a pastor of a local congregation of moderate, accepting and affirming people who worship in the Baptist tradition. We call our church "Hope Memorial Baptist" and we are about 40 in number. I am also a project manager of major construction projects for the State of Georgia. My home and church is in rural Coweta County, between Peachtree City and Newnan, with a mailing address of Sharpsburg, Georgia.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

I'd Like you to meet some friends of ours


This is Isabella. She's ten and was our first kitty.


The big white cat in the foreground is Socrates. Behind him is Agatha. They are litter mates and were given to us by Francesca, an abandoned cat that we rescued. Francesca is gone now as are three others in her litter.

Agatha and Socrates are trying hard to look innocent here. They had cornered Isabella and got caught by me. They quickly moved away together and looked at me as if to quote that famous line from "Hogan's Heroes", "I know NOTHING."

Love comes in many ways. And they give it unconditionally.

3 Comments:

Blogger HeyJules said...

There really is NOTHING like the love of a pet, is there?

Oh, that I wish my father and sister weren't allergic to cat hair! I'd love to have one to go with Gracie, my little Pug.

Yes, that's right...I love cats and dogs. I'm an equal opportunity pet person!

12/18/2005 10:47 AM  
Blogger the tentmaker said...

You are a lot of wonderful things, you are.

12/18/2005 1:49 PM  
Blogger HeyJules said...

Okay, now I'm blushing!

I'm so glad our paths crossed this year Tentman. I feel like I have an extra pastor in my back pocket when I need one (and believe me, that is most of the time!)

Thank you for answering so many of my questions these past couple of months. You've been a real blessing in my life. Merry Christmas, Tentman.

12/19/2005 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home