the tentmaker

daily thoughts on the common lectionary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sharpsburg, Georgia, United States

"...because he was of the same trade, he stayed with them, and they worked together — by trade they were tentmakers." Acts 18:3. Tentmaker is a title taken by bi-vocational pastors. As such, I am both a pastor and a project manager. I am a pastor of a local congregation of moderate, accepting and affirming people who worship in the Baptist tradition. We call our church "Hope Memorial Baptist" and we are about 40 in number. I am also a project manager of major construction projects for the State of Georgia. My home and church is in rural Coweta County, between Peachtree City and Newnan, with a mailing address of Sharpsburg, Georgia.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Sunday 10/30/05 - Year A - Proper 26

Joshua 3:7-17
1 Thessalonians 2:9-13
Matthew 23:1-12

Psalm 43

1 Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.
2 For thou art the God of my strength: why dost thou cast me off? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
3 O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.
4 Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.
5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

{This is a work in progress}

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all works in progress.

I also want to commend you for being a bivocational pastor it's not easy - but it's great. Bless you in your ministry and in the market place.

10/25/2005 8:05 AM  
Blogger Professor Jeff said...

YOu picked one of my favorite Psalms because it really brings out the best in us when we are real with who we are before G-d and others - a speck of dust. The difference being the heart of the matter. You see in verse 4 to verse 5 such a change of emotions.

Good blog.

10/27/2005 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home